The team at Victoria Park Dental Specialists understands the important contribution your teeth make to a beautiful smile.
At Victoria Park Dental Specialists, we are dedicated to our patients’ comfort and well-being, and our Adelaide practices have been designed with this in mind. When you enter, you will immediately feel at home. We are also passionate about cultivating our knowledge and remain as forefront providers of high quality orthodontic care. Our treatments are conducted to the highest degree as our team stays ahead of the latest updates in technology, techniques and treatment. Our accredited practice, maintains the highest standard of sterilisation and infection control as well as our own strict criteria for a safe environment and effective treatment.
Dr Helen McLean is highly regarded by her colleagues in the dental and orthodontic professions.
Helen has held appointments in a broad range of dental environments including The University of Adelaide, South Australian Dental Service and private dental practice (both general and specialist). She has completed original research leading to a Masters Thesis and Masters Degree in Dental Surgery (Orthodontics). Helen has presented papers at scientific meetings in Australia and New Zealand as well as educational lectures and extended courses to dental professionals.
Helen is an Honorary Life Member of the Australian Dental Association S.A. Branch. This award is the highest level award offered by the ADA and acknowledges her outstanding service and contribution to the dental profession. In 2008 Helen was awarded the Australian Dental Association Service medallion. She has also been awarded fellowships with the following International Dental Organisations:
- The International College of Dentists
- The Pierre Fauchard Academy
- The Academy of Dentistry International
Helen is a member of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in the special field of Orthodontics.
As well as her private practice commitments, Helen also holds an impressive list of voluntary appointments with the ADA and allied organisations. She is a current member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Helen is a 2007 Telstra Business Womens Award Finalist. She is a mentor to many dentists and a role model to younger members of the profession. Helen is valued by her staff, patients, referring dentists and dental community.
Membership of Professional Associations & Societies
- Member Australian Dental Association
- Member Australian Society of Orthodontists
- Member World Federation of Orthodontists
- Member European Orthodontic Society
- Member Australian & New Zealand, Society of Paediatric Dentistry
- Fellow Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Fellow International College of Dentists
- Fellow Academy of Dentistry International
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member Business Chicks
- Member Australia Vietnam Volunteers Resource Group
- 2007 Awarded Honorary Life Membership Australian Dental Association SA Branch
- 2007 Telstra Business Women’s Awards SA Yellow TM Business Owner Award Finalist
- 2008 Awarded Australian Dental Association Service Medallion
- 2016 Awarded Honorary Life Membership Australian Society of Orthodontists