Serving Size: 2-3
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups/500 g whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large pot, steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook your macaroni according to packaged instructions.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Purée the steamed cauliflower, onion, garlic, 1 cup of the cheese, the greek yogurt, mustard and milk in a blender or food processor. Pour the sauce back into the large sauce pan.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes then quickly grill until golden brown.